|Chairman: Anders Karlsson
Erik Adli – Oslo Uni
Francesca Curbis-LTH/MAX Lab
Christine Darve- ESS
Pauli Heikkinen – Jyväskylä Uni
Anders Karlsson – LTH
Niklas Nannskog- Lund Uni
Deana Nannskog- Lund Uni
Maja Olvegård-Uppsala Uni
Marieta – Lund Uni
Soren Pape-Møller-Aarhus Uni
Sverker Werin-LTH/MAX Lab
|Secretary: Niklas, Christine
9.00-9.30 Coffee and welcome (Anders)
9.30-10.00 Administration, budget, rules etc (Niklas)
10.00-10.30 Evaluation of this year’s Summer School (Christine)
10.30-12.00 Discussion about the 2016/17 Summer Schools 12-13.30 Lunch
13.30-13.50 General information about MOOC (Deana, Christine, Maria & Marita)
13.50-14.30 Discussion about MOOC
15.00-15.30 Discussion about MOOC
15.30-17.00 Discussion about seminars and webinars.
- Round table presentation
- Niklas budget presentation: The breakdown distribution of the 327 725 Euro out of 434 885 Euro requested has been detailed.
- Money is allocated per planned work per university in the different Work Package (WP). Money is distributed when the time sheets in handled in. UHR – Swedish National Agency.
- Niklas will take care of reporting to the European committee. Each University shall report the budget spent every 6 months to Niklas.
- The proposal is to centralize the administrative cost, travel money in LU, i.e. Niklas will buy the travel accommodation and plane tickets, then report to cost by University.
- 20 % of flexibility is acceptable for spending budget between the WP.
- Christine presents the results of this year’s summer school, incl. Logistics and Course survey
- This info should been sent to the lecturers from last summer school.
- Proposal to involve JUAS after the project duration?
- School feed-back:
- The overall feed-backs are very encouraging.
- We should have more social activities next year. Connect the students more next year.
- We should check the accommodation, but we should probably keep the guesthouse due to the proximity of the lecture hall, and restaurant.
- Materials are a bit too advanced for the students.
- The school duration should be increase to at least 10 days of course.
- The level and diversity of the students, courses choices, were well appreciated. Still improvement could be done to equalize the level of the entire summer school (3-5 years).
- We need to send material that the students should read before the program to have a basic understanding.
- Students want more labs/exercises.
- The logistics of the lectures and labs needs to be reviewed, e.g. More applications topics and SRF courses should be planned. RF requires more information ahead.
- The exercises need to be better prepared and should be put on-line ahead of time. Solutions must be provided at the end of the sessions.
- Seminars with people from the industry should be more included. Where do you invite students from?
- We should make up the criteria of applying and what we are looking for? Level, diversity, area of interest, motivation, grade
- Can all people apply through Lund’s official channels?
- We need to define the selection criteria for application. We proposed the number of students per each university: 3 students per university guaranteed.
- Areas where they are from? Gender? Motivation statement? Letter of reference?
- How do we advertise? Where should we be?
- Anders showed the Moodle capacity. This very user-friendly platform could allow the student to start the school with a more uniform level of topic understanding.
- Those questions could be sent to the students ahead of the course for them to get an understanding or bring them to the right level/refresh their memory.
- The Moodle could be used to assess the student’s progress at the end of the school, and support the 3 ECTS obtained.
- Marita presented the advantage of the MOOC to distribute the information on the Internet platform, via Coursera. Two MOOCs have been completed by LU since the program was launched. The statistic was presented. More than 500k view, 15,000 forum, 1934 graduated. The motivation/activity depends on the participant origin.
- The example of “ Greening the economy” was provided.
- TG for MOOC 1. Bachelor students 2. Users of accelerators 3. Companies
- Purpose; Recruting students, developing teaching methods and materials (that can be used in reality).
- Deana underlined that it can be used as a substitute and/or complement for the summer school; it should be seen like an appetizer.
- A moderator for the MOOC should be defined and active on the possible forum.
- The MOOC shall increase the visibility of MAX IV and the ESS in the accelerator community.
- The future of the MOOC (after the project) will it un automatically by itself or is the teachers work required? Are we prepared to do this?
- Do a webinar (FAQ style) after the first year?
- It was discussed to have compendium or notebook (ask Anders)
- All the people who attended are now part of the international organizational committee.
- Local organizational committee: Niklas and Anders
- Responsible for MOOC: Deana, (Christine)
- Responsible for Summer School: Anders + the people he chooses?
- Summer school: 10 days summer school starting the 10th ending 24th We will be in Lund, but have more social activities than last year.
- We answer vaguely to Arsonne.
- Anders will check student applications from outside LU. Will it be difficult?
- We need more social activities during the summer school
- We should send out material to the students before the summer school
- We can improve the projects themselves (within the summer school)
- In 2 or 3 weeks the course will be approved – Anders will send info about that.
- Niklas sends the official EU marks to be used for documents in the project.
- We need to have a selection meeting during spring with the IOC
- We agreed on TG and Level and objectives (see objectives above)
- Anders sends a doodle on when we will meet and have the MOOC kick-off.
- Don’t spend more than 5 days before we know more about what
- Niklas will send the consortium Agreement when it is done (2-3 weeks)
- 3 students guaranteed for each university in the summer school.
- Put all the info on the website, incl. member list.
- Send all the EU documents again.
- A MOOC workshop is planned in January
- The meeting for the IOC will rotate between the partners university.
- The suggested MOOC budget to claim is 110 days, so appx. 15 days / university
- Need to define the student selection committee
- Anders to write down the criteria’s and send them to the others.
- Niklas to send the template for the activity budget by university.
- Deana and Christine to complete the web-site.
- Plan the MOOC workshop in Janaury